Join a dedicated group of more than 250 health department leaders and researchers who support and advance public health systems and services research that is driven by the needs and interests of health departments. We welcome public health professionals, researchers, students, and others interested in public health services and systems research, in Wisconsin and beyond. It's free to join!
- Public Health Foundation Pulse Features Comparison of the WPHRN Priority Research Questions (PRQs) and Academic Health Department Research AgendaA blog featured in the Public Health Foundation Pulse describes a comparison of the WPHRN PRQs and Academic Health Department Research Agenda written by Greenwood, Mrochek and Zahner. The comparison discusses areas of overlapping research …February 16, 2018
- New WPHRN Brief: Results from the 2017 Wisconsin Public Health Research Network (WPHRN) Member SurveyA member survey sent to WPHRN members in March 2017 assessed value, impression, and satisfaction with various aspects of the WPHRN. Results of the survey and Steering Committee recommendations are presented.November 7, 2017
State and National News
- FDA Finds Hazards Lurking In Parsley, Cilantro, GuacamoleNational Public Radio reports on the FDA’s findings about contamination in fresh herbs and processed avocados.February 23, 2018
- Most in U.S. Don’t Safely Store Guns, Study SaysA study highlighted in U.S. News & World Report found that less than half of gun owners in the America report storing all of their firearms safely.February 22, 2018
- 3 ways the US should prepare for the next flu pandemicThe Conversation points to the the need for developing stronger vaccines, spotting outbreaks early, and making sure that everyone is prepared for the next flu pandemic.February 9, 2018
Linking and supporting public health practitioners and researchers in order to answer questions and
disseminate discoveries applicable to improving practice and population health.