Local and tribal health departments (LTHD) are expected to implement and encourage use of evidence-based public health practices and interventions. Although some open, online resources and portals exist such as the County Health Rankings and Roadmaps, Informed Caring, Morbidity and Mortality Weekly, PubMed Central and What Works for Health, LTHD are challenged with being able to access current library resources and having the necessary skills to navigate electronic library systems.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Strategies to obtain journal articles
- Search and obtain articles using a variety of online sources such as: BadgerLink, Google Schol-ar, or open access journals
- Visit in-person or contact the University of
Wisconsin libraries, Medical College of Wisconsin libraries, or healthcare system/medical center in your area to ask for assistance
- Obtain materials via interlibrary loan for a fee
- Wisconsin Division of Public Health staff currently has access to journal articles through Public Health Information Access. For more information contact: Michelle Bailey/(email@example.com)
Navigating electronic library systems
- Visit in-person or call the University of Wisconsin libraries, Medical College of Wisconsin libraries, or healthcare system/medical center in your area to ask for assistance
- Learn more by viewing a webinar: Keeping Current & Accessing Library Resources