The mission of WPHRN is to link and support public health practitioners and researchers to answer questions and disseminate discoveries that improve public health practice, promote racial and health equity, and contribute to population health.
We enact our mission by:
- Helping connect public health professionals with researchers who are looking to engage such professionals in their research.
- Informing researchers of the priority research needs of our practitioner members.
- Partnering with researchers to create research briefs to aid in the dissemination of research findings.
- Publishing newsletters that highlight new publications, ongoing research, datasets, funding opportunities, and professional development events relevant to our members.
- Collaborating with researchers to endorse and conduct public health practice-relevant research.
WPHRN was created in 2009 with the support of an infrastructure development grant from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. The network is housed at the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Nursing and funded by the University of Wisconsin Institute for Clinical & Translational Research-Community Academic Partnerships (ICTR-CAP), research grants, and donations.
If you are interested in joining the network, click here.